Thursday, October 30, 2008

phinally the phillies

Go Phillies. I am not so much a PhilsPhan-but i am a fan of my husband...a true Philly fan. Loves them- hates them. Yells at the television, screams loudly, knows the stats. listens to AM talk radio all that and more.

Once we started hanging out in 1973-the phils have been a part of our lives. I have great memories of driving from the shore to the Vet, sitting in the hot sun or rain, drinking beer and taking in a game. Or one night watching until 1:30 am until overtime ended. For some reason, this year I started watching more games--guess b/c the kids were not home to watch...ya think!
So who wanted to go to the vet during the playoffs at 10 pm--me. Who was going to the parade no matter what..me. So the big philly phan decided he should go w.me-even though crowds are so out of his box.
The parade was awesome, but I did not get to see it. too many people, not enough space. I did walk down broad st. and heard the roar when the flat-beds passed.--just what I wanted. This the newPhilly nerd (me) is still watching the repeat of the parade on tv...2 days later. It is a thrill.

2 comments:

bcs29 said...

keep blogging! i loe all the news that's fit to print.

xo,
your other sister,
bob

bcs29 said...

i meant love - oops!!!!!!!!!!