Friday, October 3, 2008

v.p. girlfriend

After watching the debate last night I realized that I do not want my vice president (or pres) to be my friend. Was Sarah trying to talk to me? I did not relate. Our political views are certainly not the same. Our social or religious beliefs are not the same. I would not pretend to know what it is like to live and govern the great state of Alaska and I know she does not know about the life I live on the east coast of this great nation. I did not appreciate Sarah's winking, chuckling, and pointing to me (or to Joe). For many years, I was an active soccer mom but I do not remember Sarah Palin on the fields. ...maybe Tina Fey!
I have enough girlfriends, I want a vice-president that acts and talks like one.

p.s. did you get your kids to register to vote??

6 comments:

bcs29 said...

ok, so i wrote a whole coment that went missing. i'll try again...love the blog! you are so modern; i can't even figure out how to put pics on the net - must be an age thing! you are so totally right on about our gal pal, sarah. i sat through many a soccer game and not with the likes of her! i, too, want a v.p. who is smart and knows about the world as well as our country's diverse needs. she does not fit the bill. i am looking forward to the further adventures of the e.n. gone wild. you go, girl!!!!!!!!!

sndygrl said...

i don't get this whole blog thing....and i am not discussing politics with my friends.!

sndygrl said...

yes my children are registered and only one will probably be voting via absentee ballot

Jessica said...

omg. have you been watching the tina fey skits? i just watched the one from this past weekend last night, and i think i am in love with tina fey!

Anonymous said...

i don't understand...your friends don't wink at you to mask their patronizing of all of your core values?

dh said...

go lo! love this post. so true, so true. i am forwarding it to my mama, another empty nester!

xo d