Saturday, October 25, 2008

sisters

Rachel Getting Married was about the love of a sister. Yes, there was much, much more to the film--but it hit my sibling nerve. I have three sisters and we did not have a fairy tale childhood. But we have remained connected and we are there for each other--no matter what. We don't understand it and rarely question why.
Watching Kym and Rachel woke up that deep emotion ...or should I say, brought me to tears! When a tragedy happens and is never discussed, it results in resentment, fights, hurt feelings, hateful thoughts, anger--just like in the movies...who would have thought!! And like the movie-- no matter how much I fucked up, withdrew and said or did mean shitty things -my sisters always loved me and took care of me. Rachel bathing Kim just before her wedding showed the power of such primal love.
R.G.M. brought me back to that younger version of myself and made me realize: I was worth loving.

A great big thank you to my sisters!!!

No comments: